It may look like corn on the cob to you and me, but to Elma that would be “lolly!”

Or more particularly “‘lellow lolly!!”

I’ve always loved fresh corn rolled in and it seems that my littlest girl has a similar taste.

Nothing very fancy, just corn steamed or boiled and a good slathering of butter.  It’s the taste of high summer on into autumn, sunny day lunches or cool evening barbeques.

But it has to be on the cob; if I cut it off for her she’ll get really really cross with me – and steal mine instead!

And if you’re really doing it properly (at least accordingly to Elma) you need to get enough butter on your cheeks to plaster your hair down for the rest of the day, probably some corn in your hair, and always the most enormous smiles.

living arrows

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

18 Responses to Living Arrows 31/52

1. Donna says:

Oh fresh corn on the cob is one of my favourite memories from childhood! I can’t wait until LP and LM decide they want to try it too! Gorgeous photos! x

2. Corn on the cob is the best! Especially with butter all over your cheeks! Too cute x

3. Karen says:

Mmmmm love corn on the cob and my girls do. Love these photos capturing x

4. Jenny says:

You can’t beat eating corn on the cob in the sun. Lovely photos. She is so cute and looks like she is in heaven with that cob too! Buba loves corn on the cob! Always calls it corn stick. lol #livingarrows

5. Mummy Says says:

I also adore corn on the cob – particularly done under the grill or on the barbecue. It has to be lashings of butter for me too – although I’m a but naughty and also add a good sprinkle of salt. I wish I could get Milin to enjoy it! These are beautiful photos – they really show a simple pleasure xx

• Carie Carie says:

I’ve been reading this evening about baking them in the oven still in their husks (coincidentally, I’m not completely obsessed with corn on the cob) and now I want to give that a try too to see if it tastes different to boiling them

6. Such lovely pictures, what a cutie. We love corn too, Baby need to warm up to it yet :) x

7. Sarah says:

Lovely photos! I love corn on the cob too – Toby hasn’t tried it yet but he does love baby corn :-)

8. Such a lovely photo, just makes me think of summer looking at it! I love corn on the cob too, I think she has the right idea, butter everywhere! x

9. sally says:

The only way to eat it! Great photos!